- Toss bacon with brown sugar (coat)
- Put bacon on silpats to bake at 325°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and caramelized
- Save bacon fat for dough, strain through the china cap
Prepare Ice Cream:
- Chop cooked bacon & pour half & half over bacon.
- Add vanilla bean, bring to a boil, let steep for 20 minutes
- Mix eggs yolks, sugar & maple syrup together until sugar dissolves, slowly temper half & half mixture over egg yolks, whisking to make sure the eggs don't scramble
- Pour back into pot, cook until 170°F, strain through china cap, put into ice bath to cool.
- Add to ice cream machine & churn
Prepare the Tart Dough:
- Blend the fats (bacon fat and unsalted butter) with sugar and salt, on low speed
- Add the egg, yolks, then vanilla. Add flour last
- All at once mix only until incorporated. Dough forms Don’t over mix
- Roll out dough, put into tart shell & blind bake until light golden about 15 minutes at 325°F.
Prepare the Apple Filling:
- Place butter in sauté pan, add apples, sugar and cinnamon, cook over low heat until apples are soft and liquid for apples has evaporated.
- Fill tart shells.
- Cook sugar and glucose to caramel color
- Add cream and butter mix to well combine
- Stir reserve for latter use
Prepare Caramel Topping:
- Mix in food processor, set aside
Prepare Bacon Dust:
- Mix together until a powder is formed, set aside
Put caramel sauce on plate, top tart with caramel topping, put tart on plate, scoop ice cream and put onto top of tart, add bacon powder around edge of plate and top with sweet bacon for garnish